Why Should I Become A Member of Sassit?
Any student or doctor interested in, or currently training in, any of the surgical disciplines should join to take advantage of the numerous opportunities to advance themselves within their discipline.
Sassit members have access to:
- discounts when paying registration fees for exam refresher courses, as well as other courses provided by ASSA and its affiliates;
- the opportunity to apply for ASSA (Association of Surgeons of South Africa) travel grants, which are there to assist the trainee with presentations at meetings around the country; and
- access to The South African Journal of Surgery, delivered to each Sassit member, but is also available electronically via the ASSA website.
Being a member increases the strength of the Sassit voice. This could provide a platform from which training throughout South Africa could potentially be moulded - benefiting both trainee and patients.
How Do I Register On This Website?
To access members-only content on this website, you need to
- be a member of Sassit, and
- register on this website.
If you are already a member of Sassit, you only need to register on this website using the same email address and personal details as you used to register as a member of Sassit. Once you have registered on the site, our administrators will manually approve your membership.
If you are not a member of Sassit but would like to be, registering on this site will automatically send us the required details for registration as a member. We will then contact you regarding payment. Once payment has been received, we will manually approve your membership.
Becoming a member of Sassit costs R400 per year
Banking details are
Please use SURNAME AND INITIALS as your reference
Please send proof of membership payment to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
For a list of benefits of membership, please see the top of this page.